The changes 2022 brings to the spheres of national security, energy and economy in Central Eastern Europe.
A competition for university students with an interest in Central Eastern Europe
Are you a student with a great interest in political and economic developments on the continent?
Would you like to participate in a conference about the future of Central Eastern Europe, a region in which world history is being written in front of our eyes?
In that case, you will not want to miss the conference on the Three Seas Initiative in London on May 12th, 2022.
The Three Seas Initiative groups together 12 states in Central Eastern Europe, from Estonia in the north to Croatia and Bulgaria in the south. Created in 2016, the group is primarily concerned with integrating the region through new intra-regional infrastructure projects and business cooperation.
Ahead of the annual Three Seas Initiative summit, organized in Latvia this year, the Embassy of the Republic of Latvia to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in London are organizing a conference for some of Europe’s brightest minds. Politicians, business leaders and diplomats will meet in London to discuss the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead of the region.
The conference will be held in the historic Guildhall in the City of London.
In connection with the event, the State of Poland Foundation is organizing a contest for the best article on the spheres of national security, energy and economy in Central Eastern Europe.
The articles must be centered on topics connected to the volatile situation in Eastern Europe following fateful day of February 24th and the impact it will have on the Three Seas region*.
The articles are to be between 3000 to 5000 characters long and the deadline for submission is May 6th. The authors of the 12 best articles selected by the State of Poland will be invited to the conference.
The winners will receive GBP 150 in pocket money for the day in London and will meet with the State of Poland team for an early dinner after the conference to celebrate their success in the competition. The Foundation will also offer the winners to work with us on a website dedicated to the Three Seas Initiative.
The competition is only open to students enrolled in universities in the United Kingdom.
Hope to see you in London,The team of the State of Poland Foundation
*The Three Seas Initiative consists of Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
“Risks and opportunities for Central Eastern Europe in the spheres of national security, economy, energy and cyber security in the face of Russia’s war against Ukraine”
1. These Regulations define the terms and conditions of participation in the competition “Risks and opportunities for Central Eastern Europe in the spheres of national security, economy, energy and cyber security in the face of Russia’s war against Ukraine” (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”), organized by the agency Media Hooltays limited liability company with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Puławska 77 lok. U5, 02-595 Warsaw, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS: 0000935546, REGON: 520419239, NIP: 5213946347, hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”, acting on behalf of the State of Poland Foundation with its registered office in Warsaw, Al. Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warszawa, entered in the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and public health care institutions kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division under the number KRS: 0000779650, NIP: 701-091-75-48, REGON: 383016091, hereinafter referred to as the “Foundation”.
2. The content of these Regulations will be made public and will be available until the Competition is resolved:
a) by posting on the website www.stateofpoland.pl/competition,
b) at the Organiser’s seat.
Purpose of the Competition
The aim of the competition is:
1. promoting the initiatives between Central Eastern Europe Countries
2. promoting The Three Seas initiative
3. promoting activities regarding integrating the region through new intra-regional infrastructure projects and business cooperation.
The subject of the competition
1. The subject of the Competition is the performance of the Competition Work (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition Work”), consisting of writing an article about the impact Russia’s war in Ukraine will have on Central Eastern Europe. The articles must be centered on topics connected to the political and economic reverberations that the war is likely to have on the Three Seas region. The Three Seas Initiative consists of Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The articles are to be between 3000 to 5000 characters long and the deadline for submission is May 6th. The entry should be submitted and send via email to email@example.com The authors of the 12 best articles selected by the State of Poland will be invited to the conference.
2. The Competition Works must be the result of the individual creativity of the Participants who, in relation to the Competition Works, are entitled to full proprietary copyrights, free from legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those resulting from the provisions on the protection of intellectual property and personal data protection. Competition works may not violate generally applicable law or the rights of third parties, in particular personal rights of third parties, as well as generally accepted moral standards.
Conditions of participation and application to the Competition
1. The competition is open to the public. Participation in it is free and voluntary. Competition participants must study in the UK.
2. Only an adult may participate in the Contest (“Participant”).
3. The Organizer’s employees as well as their family members cannot participate in the Competition.
4. Each Participant may submit only one Competition Entry to participate in the Competition.
5. The condition for the participation in the Competition is the Participant’s consent to the Organizer of the Competition Entry publishing and disseminating it in any form via any medium, while maintaining the essential content of the Competition Entry.
6. Joining the Competition is tantamount to accepting these Regulations and agreeing to the conditions of participation, specified in the provisions of these Regulations, which each Participant is obliged to read.
Organization and course of the Competition
1. The announcement about the organization of the Competition will be made public via Facebook on the Organiser’s profile.
2. The competition runs from 25.04.2022 to 3.05.22.
3. The competition entries will be assessed by the Competition Committee referred to in § 6 of the Regulations.
4. The winners of the competition will be 12 persons.
1. The Competition Committee consists of 5 members.
2. Members of the Competition Committee are appointed by the Organizer.
3. The Competition Committee consists of employees of the State of Poland Foundation or other persons indicated by the Organizer.
Announcement of the results of the Competition
1. The competition will be adjudicated no later than 9.05.2022
2. The results and announcement of the winners of the Competition will be made public via Facebook, in a comment under the competition post on the Organizer’s profile.
1. The prizes in the Competition will be:
– an invitation to participate in the conference event in London “Three Seas Initiative: Business Opportunities in Filling the North-South Connectivity Gap”
– celebrating their success in the competition over an early dinner following the conference
– receive GBP 150 in pocket money for the day in London
– receive an offer to work on the new media outlet 3SeasEurope.com
2. The prize cannot be exchanged for another prize.
3. The winners of the Competition are not entitled to give the right to receive the prize to third parties.
4. The sponsor is the Foundation.
5. The Organizer is not responsible for the inability or difficulties in awarding the award, caused by reasons attributable to Participant selected as the Competition laureate.
Rules for excluding and cancellation the Competition
1. The following persons will not participate in the Competition:
a) competition works that do not meet the requirements set out in § 3 section 1 of the Regulations.
b) competition works sent after the deadline specified in § 5 section 2 of the Regulations.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time if:
a) no Competition Entry will be submitted,
b) none of the Competition Works will meet the conditions of the Regulations,
c) there will be a situation beyond the Organizer’s control, making it impossible to settle the Competition.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to exclude from the Competition the Competition Works that are contrary to the provisions of law, ethics or for other reasons making them unsuitable for public presentation.
1. The administrator of the personal data of the Competition Participants is the Competition Organizer (hereinafter: the “Administrator”). Personal data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (“GDPR”).
2. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary and required for the proper conduct of the Competition, the issuance of prizes and for the promotion of the Competition.
3. The Administrator processes the data of the Competition Participants in the following scope: name, surname, contact details (e-mail address, home address and telephone number). In relation to the Competition winners, the Administrator may also process personal data in the scope of the ID number and bank account, and in relation to persons running a business: company name and ID.
4. The administrator processes personal data for purposes related to the implementation of the Competition, including in particular:
a) to organize and conduct the Competition, i.e. to accept the Participant’s application and for contact purposes (legal basis: consent of the data subject, i.e. Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). By entering the Competition, the Participant expressly confirms consent to the processing of his personal data;
b) in order to implement the legitimate interests of the Administrator, i.e. marketing and promotion of services offered by the Administrator as the Organizer of the Competition during and after the Competition, as well as establishing and pursuing possible claims (legal basis: implementation of the legitimate interests of the administrator, i.e. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR);
c) in order to fulfill the legal obligations incumbent on the Administrator as the Competition Organizer, including in particular financial and tax settlement of the awards (legal basis: implementation of the legal obligation, i.e. Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
5. By providing personal data, the Participant agrees to publish the name and article sent in the Competition Entry in the communication channels used by the Organizer and the Foundation, in particular on the websites managed by the Organizer and the Foundation, and on social profiles managed by the Organizer and the Foundation, among others such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok.
6. The Administrator may share the Participants’ data with entities providing services to the Administrator, including in particular IT, hosting, legal or accounting services.
7. The personal data of the Participants will be processed for the period necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. In the case of Competition winners, the data will be processed for the period resulting from tax regulations, i.e. 5 years.
8. The Participant has the right to request access to his personal data, i.e. to obtain from the Administrator confirmation whether he processes personal data and the right to access this data (including rectification or immediate removal if legally justified); their rectification, deletion, processing restrictions, data transfer and the right to object to processing to the supervisory body (i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa). In addition, when the data is processed on the basis of consent, the Participant has the right to withdraw the consent at any time (unless specific provisions impose further obligation on the Administrator to process the above-mentioned data). Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before its withdrawal.
9. The administrator is obliged to delete personal data, provided that the personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected and / or the consent on which the processing is based has been withdrawn and / or there is no other legal basis for their processing. It is not possible to exercise the right to delete personal data, in particular when the Administrator is obliged under the provision this right to further processing of personal data to the extent specified by applicable law or for the purposes necessary to establish, assert or defend claims.
10. The Administrator declares that the Participants’ data will not be transferred outside the EEA and will not be covered by the profiling mechanism.
11. In matters related to the protection of personal data, Participants may contact the Administrator by sending a message by traditional mail to the address of the Administrator’s office or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Each Competition Participant ensures that the Competition Entry is the result of individual creativity and that he or she is entitled to full proprietary copyrights, free from legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those resulting from the provisions on the protection of intellectual property.
2. In the event of any claims by third parties regarding the use of Competition Works by the Organizer or the Foundation, the Participant will be obliged to take, at his own expense and risk, all legal steps ensuring due protection of the Organizer against third party claims. In particular, the Participant will be obliged to replace the Organizer or, if this is not possible, join the Organizer in any proceedings against the Organizer. The Participant also undertakes to compensate the Organizer for any costs that the Organizer may incur or will be obliged to pay to a third party in connection with a claim or court action in the field of copyright that that person submits in connection with the Organizer’s use of Competition Works.
3. Upon submitting the Competition Entry, each Competition Participant grants the Organizer and the Foundation the right to use and dispose of the Competition Entry free of charge, in particular a photo or an article submitted as part of the Competition Entry, in any way, without time and territorial limitations in all fields of use, in particular to post photos submitted as part of the Competition Work on social media managed by the Foundation and the Organizer and, among others, on the websites managed by the Organizer and the Foundation, including in the photo gallery at www.3seaseurope.com and www.stateofpoland.pl.
1. The Organizer declares that the Competition is not a game of chance, a raffle lottery, a mutual bet, an aid lottery, the result of which depends on the case, or any other form of gambling provided for in the Gambling Act of 19 November 2009 (Journal of Laws No. of 2020, item 2094, as amended).
2. These Regulations are the only document defining the rules of participation in the Competition.
3. During the Contest, the Organizer reserves the right to change the provisions of the Regulations at any time, provided that this does not deteriorate the conditions of participation in the Contest.
4. The organizer is not responsible for entries that did not reach him for reasons beyond his control, incl. as a result of failure of the Internet connections or the Participant’s devices.
5. In matters not covered by the Competition Regulations, generally applicable provisions of law shall apply, including the Civil Code and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights.
6. The person authorized to contact the Competition Participants with regard to any questions regarding the Competition and Competition Regulations is: Patryk Markuszewski, tel. +48500098615, e-mail: email@example.com.
7. The Organizer will keep the documentation of the Competition for a period of 5 years from the date of the Competition’s settlement in a manner that guarantees its safety.