My amazing country. Video Contest
Show your country at its best. Make a video using any technique, from the ground, from the air – whatever you prefer.
Your recording could be included in the official spotlight on the 12 Tri-Countries during the World
Economic Forum in Davos. This means that your work will be seen by key figures from the world of media and
politics and, as a result, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people in the Three Seas Region and Europe. It’s worthwhile.
To the point:
We count on high quality recordings (drone shots, conventional shots – your decision) showing your country
as the most unusual, modern, thriving, developing place on earth. You can show off anything,
you deem worth showing off to the whole world. Growing metropolises, infrastructure, advanced
technologies, modern solutions, nature, industry, inventions, cultural and historical heritage? That’s right!
What matters is the WOW effect and the first thought “I want to be there”. The minimum length of the shot is 15 seconds. Maximum: 45 s.
In addition, in the final of the competition we will select three winners who will receive vouchers, to be redeemed on
the Amazon platform, of a value:
- 1500 zł
- 1000 zł
3. 500 zł
By taking part in the competition you accept the terms and conditions and confirm that your shots
may be used in the film that will be screened at the 3S House in Davos.
Rules of the “My Amazing Country: Video Contest”
These Regulations define the terms and conditions of participation in the “My Amazing Country: Video Contest” (hereinafter referred to as “the Contest”), which is organized by the State of Poland Foundation which is located in Warsaw, at Al. Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warsaw, registered in the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and public health care facilities under the control of the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Economic Department under the following KRS number: 0000779650, NIP: 701-091-75-48, REGON: 383016091, hereinafter referred to as “the Organiser”.
The content of these Regulations shall be made public and available until the conclusion of the Contest:
a) through being visible on the Organiser’s website: www.stateofpoland.pl,
b) through being visible on the Organiser’s profile at www.facebook.com,
c) by being available at the Organiser’s office.
Purpose of the Contest
The purpose of the Contest is:
1. to select the winners of the Contest in order to present their videos at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2022;
2. to promote the Three Seas Initiative.
Subject matter of the Competition
1. The subject matter of the Contest is to create an entry (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition contribution”) which consists of preparing and submitting a video which presents the historical heritage, culture, nature, technological progress, development of towns and villages, infrastructure, technological parks and science of one of the countries of the Three Seas Initiative, i.e. Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia (collectively referred to as the “Three Seas countries”).
2. The Competition contribution in terms of video material should be made with any type of filming technique, in the form of shots between 15 and 45 seconds long, in .avi or .mp4 format. It is recommended that the video is made in a resolution of at least Full HD+, 24 fps+. 3.
3. The use of images of third parties in the Competition contribution must be made in accordance with the prerequisites for the legality of processing the images of such people resulting from the provisions of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1231, as amended) and from Art. 6 (1) lit. a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation hereinafter referred to as “RODO”) (OJ EU. L 119 of 4 May 2016, p. 1). It is the responsibility of the Contestant submitting the Competition contribution to ensure that the obligations under the aforementioned legislation are met.
4. The Competition contribution may not violate generally applicable provisions of law or the rights of third parties, in particular the personal rights of third parties, as well as generally accepted moral norms. Subject to par. 6 of these Rules, Competition Works cannot contain materials protected by exclusive rights (e.g. copyrights) obtained without the consent of those entitled.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude from the Contest any Competition contribution that is contrary to the law, principles of ethics or for any other reason making it unsuitable for public presentation.
6. The submitted Competition contribution must be the result of individual work of the Entrants, who have full copyright ownership to the Competition contribution, free from any legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those arising from intellectual property and personal data protection regulations.
Conditions of participation and entry to the Contest
1. Only a person of full legal age and who has full legal capacity may become a participant of the Contest (“Entrant”).
2. Employees of the Organiser or persons cooperating with the Organiser on the basis other than employment relationship, as well as their family members, cannot participate in the Contest. Family members are defined as spouse, ascendants, descendants, in affinity and persons related through adoption.
3. In order to participate in the Contest, the Participant must send an e-mail to the Organiser by January 15th 11:59 P.M. 2022 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com with an application for participation together with the Competition contribution. Large files can be sent with the use of WeTransfer/GoogleDrive
4. In the content of the application one should provide:
a) the Participant’s first and last name;
b) correspondence address and contact details: e-mail and telephone;
c) the country to which the Competition contribution refers.
5. An application of participation in the Contest, referred to in paragraphs 3 and 4 above, may concern only one Three Seas country. Each Entrant can however send in several applications concerning different Three Seasb countries.
6. Submitting a complete application to the Organiser is tantamount to entering the Contest, as is accepting these Regulations and agreeing to the conditions of participation, specified in the provisions of these Regulations, with which each Entrant is obliged to familiarize himself or herself.
7. Participation in the Contest is voluntary and free of charge.
8. The costs of execution and delivery of the Competition contribution are borne independently by the Entrant submitting the Competition contribution.
9. The participant agrees that the Organiser may publish and disseminate his/her Competition contribution in any form through any medium, maintaining the essence of the Competition contribution’s message.
Organisation and course of the Contest
1. The announcement of the Contest will be made public by:
a) posting information on the Organiser’s website: www.stateofpoland.pl,
b) posting information on the Organiser’s social media accounts, e.g. on the Organiser’s account on www.facebook.com.
2. The Contest shall be judged by the Contest Committee referred to in §6 of the Regulations, taking into account the evaluation criteria specified in §7 of the Regulations.
3.The Organiser shall not be responsible for the inability to contact the selected Contest Entrants in the event that they provide incomplete or incorrect contact details in the Application Form, making it impossible to contact the Entrant. In such a situation, the Organiser may decide to award a given place to an Entrant who has won the next place in line in the Contest.
The Contest Committee
1. The Contest Committee consists of 5 members.
2. Members of the Contest Committee shall be appointed by the Organiser.
3. The Contest Committee consists of State of Poland Foundation employees or other persons designated by the Organiser.
Criteria for Evaluation
1. In evaluating Competition entries, the Contest Committee shall be guided by the following criteria
a) relevance of the film message – 25%;
b) creativity and originality – 25%;
c) production quality – 25%;
d) artistic value and creativity – 25%.
2. The Contest Committee selects the 3 highest rated Contest Works for each of the 12 Three Seas states (36 awards in total).
3. The Contest Committee is independent in its assessment and selection of the winners.
Announcement of the Competition results
1. The results and announcement of the winners of the Contest will be made public:
a) by posting on the Organizer’s website: www.stateofpoland.pl,
b) by posting on the Organiser’s social media accounts, e.g. on the Organiser’s profile on www.facebook.com
c) at the Organiser’s office.
1. The prizes for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in each of the 12 Three Seas countries will be vouchers to the online shop www.amazon.com worth
1st place, vouchers worth PLN 1,500 (€327) each,
2nd place, vouchers worth PLN 1,000 each (€218),
3rd place, vouchers worth PLN 500 (€109) each. 2.
2. For each of the cash prizes that are subject to tax, an additional prize will be awarded in the form of an equivalent of the tax due.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to award distinctions in the Contest.
4. The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash prize or any other material prize.
5. The Organiser is the sponsor of the prizes.
6. Prizes will be awarded to the winners, according to the results of the Contest Committee’s evaluation conducted in accordance with the criteria specified in § 7, by February 25th, 2022 at the latest, subject to § 12.5 of these Regulations.
7. The information concerning the exact date, place and form of the awarding of prizes in the Contest shall be delivered to the winners of the Contest along with the information about the announcement of the results of the Contest referred to in § 8 paragraph 1. Due to special solutions connected with preventing, counteracting and fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, other infectious diseases and crisis situations caused by them, the awarding of prizes in the Contest may take place by sending the prizes by post.
8. The proof of the prize’s delivery will be confirmation of its personal receipt recorded in the protocol, confirmation of receipt of delivery.
9. The prize winners are not entitled to transfer the right to obtain the prize to third parties.
10. The Organiser shall not be liable for any impossibility or difficulties in handing over the prize due to reasons attributable to the Participant selected as winner of the Contest.
Rules of exclusion and invalidation of the Contest
1. The following shall not take part in the Contest:
a) Competition contributions marked in a manner that do not allow for the identification of the Entrant submitting the Competition contribution,
b) Competition contributions submitted after the deadline specified in § 4 point 3. 2.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time in the event that:
a) no Competition contribution is submitted,
b) the submitted Competition contributions do not meet the conditions of the Regulations,
c) a situation beyond the Organiser’s control occurs which makes it impossible to complete the Contest.
1. The Contest Entrants’ personal data are administered by the Contest Organiser (hereinafter referred to as ‘Administrator’). Personal data are processed in accordance with the provisions of EP and Council Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“RODO”).
2. The provision of personal data is voluntary but necessary and required to participate in the Contest.
3. The Administrator processes the Contest Entrants’ data to the following extent: name, surname, contact details (e-mail address, address of residence and telephone number). In relation to the Contest’s winners, the Administrator can also process personal data in the form of their national identification number (PESEL equivalent).
4. The Administrator processes personal data for purposes related to the realization of the Contest, in particular:
(a) for the organisation and conduct of the Contest, i.e. acceptance of the Entrant’s Application and for contact purposes (legal basis: consent of the data subject, i.e. Article 6(1)(a) of the RODO). By sending an Entry, the Participant takes an explicit action confirming his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data;
b) in order to pursue the Administrator’s legitimate interests, i.e. marketing and promotion of the services offered by the Administrator as Contest organizer during the Contest and after its completion, as well as to establish and pursue possible claims (legal basis: pursuing the Administrator’s legitimate interests, i.e. Article 6(1)(f) of RODO);
c) in order to fulfil the Administrator’s legal obligations as the Contest Organiser, including in particular the financial and tax settlement of the prizes awarded (legal basis: fulfilment of a legal obligation, i.e. Article 6(1)(c) RODO).
5. By providing personal data, the Entrant, in the event of winning any place in the Contest, agrees to the publication of the Entrant’s name and surname and the submitted Competition contribution in the form of a video recording in communication channels used by the Organiser, in particular on the Organiser’s website www.stateofpoland.pl and on the Organiser’s social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram. The personal data may also be used when screening the Competition contribution at the World Economic Forum in Davos
6. The Administrator may make Participants’ data available to entities providing services for the Administrator, including in particular IT, hosting, legal or accounting services.
7. Participants’ personal data will be processed for the time necessary to realize the purposes for which they were collected. In the case of winners of the Contest, data will be processed for the period resulting from tax regulations, i.e. 5 years.
8. The Participant has the right to demand access to his/her personal data, i.e. to obtain confirmation from the Administrator as to whether the Administrator processes personal data, and the right to obtain access to such data (including their rectification or immediate deletion if legally justified); to rectify, erase, limit processing, data transfer, and the right to object to processing to the supervisory authority (i.e. the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, 2 Stawki Street, 00-193 Warsaw). Additionally, in a situation where data is processed on the basis of consent, the Participant has the right to withdraw granted consent at any time (unless specific provisions impose a further obligation on the Administrator to process the aforementioned data). Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of processing carried out before its withdrawal.
9. The Administrator is obliged to delete personal data on the condition that the personal data is no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected and/or the consent on which the processing is based has been withdrawn and/or there is no other legal basis for the processing. It is not possible to exercise the right to erasure of personal data in particular in the case when the Administrator is obliged by law to further process the personal data within the scope defined by the relevant legislation or for the purposes necessary to establish, assert or defend the claims.
10. The Administrator declares that Participants’ data will not be transferred outside the EEA and will not be subject to profiling.
11. In matters related to personal data protection, Participants may contact the Administrator by sending a message by post to the Administrator’s registered office address or at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Each Entrant guarantees that the Competition contribution is the result of that Entrant’s individual creativity and that he/she is entitled to full copyright ownership, free from any legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those resulting from regulations on intellectual property protection.
2. In the event of any claims being raised by third parties concerning the Organiser’s use of the Competition contribution, a given Participant will be obliged to take, at his/her own expense and risk, all legal steps ensuring the Organiser’s due protection against third-party claims. In particular, the Entrant will be obliged to replace the Organiser, or in the absence of such a possibility, join the Organiser in any proceedings against the Organiser. The Entrant shall also be obliged to compensate the Organiser for any costs the Organiser may incur or be obliged to pay to a third party in connection with a claim or lawsuit in respect of copyright, which that third party files as a result of the Organiser’s use of the Competition contribution.
3. At the moment of submission to the Contest, each of the Contest Participants grant the Organiser a free, non-exclusive licence for non-commercial use and disposal of the Competition contribution for the purposes of the Contest, in perpetuity, without any territorial limitations, i.e. both in Poland and abroad, in the following fields of exploitation and in the following manner:
a) any recording and multiplication by any technique and on any medium;
b) dissemination, including:
– making them available to the public in such a way that everyone can have access to them in a place and at a time of their own choosing, by means of all possible media,
c) to create and disseminate derivative works created with the Contest contribution
4. The Contest Participant agrees to the disposal and use of the elaborations of the Competition contribution and grants the Awarding Entity, under the licence granted, the right to permit the exercise of derivative copyrights in respect of the Competition contribution and its elaborations.
5. At the moment of settling the Contest, the winner of the awarded Competition contribution shall be obliged to grant the Organiser a free exclusive licence (with the right to sublicense) to this Competition contribution, in the form of a written agreement forming the attachment no. 1, which will have its English version published on www.stateofpoland.pl by November 22nd, 2021 to these Regulations. After the conclusion (signing) of the agreement by the Organiser and the winner, the prize will be transferred.
1. The Organiser declares that the Contest is not a game of chance, lottery, pari-mutuel betting, aid lottery, the results of which depend on chance, or any other form of games of chance provided for in the Act of November 19, 2009 on games of chance (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 2094, as amended).
2. These Terms and Conditions are the only document determining the rules of participation in the Contest.
3. During the Contest, the Organiser reserves the right to change the provisions of the Rules at any time, if this will not affect the conditions of participation in the Contest.
4. The Organiser does not bear responsibility for applications which did not reach him due to reasons beyond his control, including, but not limited to, the failure of Internet connections or Entrant’s technical devices.
5. In matters not covered by the Contest Rules, generally applicable laws apply, including the Civil Code and the Law on Copyright and Related Rights.
6. The person authorized to contact the Participants of the Contest with regard to all questions concerning the Contest Regulations and the Contest, is: Patryk Markuszewski (email@example.com.)
7. The Organiser will keep the documentation of the Contest for 5 years from the date of Contest’s settlement in a way that guarantees its safety.